Take a Look at the Highly Anticipated Learjet 85
Anticipation has been growing since the day Bombardier announced the clean-sheet design of Learjet 85 revolutionary business jet. It does not get any newer then this aircraft! The Learjet 85 fits in between the midsize and supersize spectrum of private jets. The jet will be capable of cruising at about 600 mph, but the most impressive stat is its ability to fly at least 3,000 miles with up to four passengers. It flies faster and farther than any Learjet ever built.
The plush aircraft is also decked out with the newest and most advanced avionics. Designed to enhance pilot performance, the jet includes a synthetic vision system for use in low-visibility conditions and a paperless cockpit that relies on iPads to call up navigation charts.
The Learjet 85 and two other new Learjet models, the smaller Learjets 70 and 75, are expected to be available next year, according to Bombardier. The aircraft is being assembled at Bombardier's plant in Wichita, Kan.
- Passenger Seat - 8 passengers / 2 crew
- Range - 3,000 nm / 5,556 km
- Engines - Two PW207B
- Typical Cruise Speed - 0.82 Mach
- Maximum Certified Altitude - 49,000 ft / 14,935 m
- Cabin Height - 5.92 ft / 1.80 m
- Cabin Width - 6.08 ft / 1.85 m
- Cabin Length - 25 ft / 7.62 m
- Cabin Volume - 665 cu ft / 18.80 cu m
- Length - 68.15 ft / 20.77 m
- Height - 19.21 ft / 5.86 m
- Wingspan - 61.48 ft / 18.74 m
- Max Takeoff Weight - 33,500 lb / 15,195 kg
- Max Zero Fuel Weight - 24,200 lb / 10,977 kg