Some things you may already know about private jets are that they're comfortable, convenient, spacious and luxurious. But did you know...
- Private jets can take off and land to more than 5,000 airports in the United States, while commercial airlines only reach 550.
- The biggest event for private jet travel is the Super Bowl.
- The US makes up 49.7% of the world market for private jets; Europe 20.8%; Asia Pacific 11.8%; Latin and South America 11.6%; Africa and the Middle East: 6.1%.
- In the US, the most popular private jet model is the Cessna Citation Excel, also known as the Citation XLS and XLS+.
- Bombardier’s Global 8000 (one of the longest range private jets on the market) can go 7,900 nauticalmiles on a single tankof gas, flying at Mach 0.85 with 8 passengers. With a fuel capacity of 48,950 lbs, it costs approximately $53,000 to fill the tank.
- Celebrities who have their own private jets include Oprah Winfrey (Bombardier Global Express XRS), Jackie Chan (Embraer Legacy 650), and Jay-Z (Bombardier Challenger 850). Celebrities who are known for flying their own jets, are Tom Cruise (Gulfstream IV), Jimmy Buffett (Dassault Falcon 900), and John Travolta (who owns 11 jets!).
- The world’s most expensive private jet is an Airbus A380 owned by Prince Alwaleed bin Talal Al Saud. It has an estimated cost over $500 million. Some of the special features of the jet include a two-car garage, a stable for horses and camels, and a prayer room that rotates so it always faces Mecca.